PDA

View Full Version : WORD 97- Adding arrows from drawing toolbar to tables

Hapi
28-06-2002, 11:05 AM
I dont seem to be able to add an arrow to a graphic(alt+Print screen) pasted into a table. The float option is ticked but greyed out and it keeps wanting to move outside the table.

any ideas

godfather
28-06-2002, 11:19 AM
Your post suggests that you want to add arrows to a table, whereas your description suggest you want to add arrows to a graphic.

I could never find any reliable method of adding these to tables, even in Word 2002.

Adding them to pictures on the other hand seems OK if you select the "behind text" option in wrapping, but it may depend on the origin of the picture and how you have inserted it, under "paste special" there are several atlernatives.

Perhaps if you restate exactly what you are trying to do some guru will oblige...

Hapi
28-06-2002, 11:58 AM
i meant Ive pasted the graphic to the table. I now want to add the arrow over the top of the graphic within the table- the graphic is irrelevant- I tried grouping the arrow and the graphic and then pasting it to the table. The grouping now behaves the same way as the arrow and wont go in- ie splits the table up and pastes outside it- andagain no float option is offered in the format shape properties. This seems the same with most Drawing oblects- circles etc. I find it hard to believe WORD users wouldnt use shapes in tables commonly.

godfather
28-06-2002, 12:05 PM
Well, I have never managed to do it. Not saying it cant be done.
If you embed your arrow on the graphic within a picture editor, save as a base image and import the lot it will work.

I guess you have to realise its a word processor, not a full desktop publishing package?