PDA

View Full Version : Susan B's Site & Hardware List - Robo take note!

Sharkey
26-06-2002, 02:12 PM
Greetings Earthlings,

I'm dead curious as to what's on Susan B's web site. You regulars talk aboot it all the time, but I can't seem to find the URL. Come on Susan B, don't you think it's time you went public?!! ;-)

Also am wanting to know if the hardware supplier list is still kicking around and if it's been updated lately? Can someone post the URL to the site it was hosted on (sneaking suspicion it was Susan B's???)

Robo, perhaps you should anchor a post to the top of PressF1 pointing people to the Hardware Suppliers Site on a regular basis - it's a great resource.

Lastly, congrats to IDG, congrats to the regulars and beta testers (not necessarily the same thing), and yay for the newbies and others who benefit from PressF1.

The Sharkmeister

Heather P
26-06-2002, 02:29 PM
Robo has a LOT to answer for!!!

John Calvert created the hardware list (with assistance from Susan) and I hosted it. A typical case of a journalist going to print and not checking his facts. :_|

It hasn't been updated lately but it is still around: http://www.details.co.nz/suppliers/

Sharkey
26-06-2002, 02:37 PM
Who's a naughty Robo, then, eh??!!!! ;\

sorry to be so presumptious in suggesting it was Susan B's web site, Heather P. Thanks for the reply and URL and good on you for hosting the list...

... do you know if the intention to add other towns' computer shops and info to the list was ever followed up on? Seems like a fine thing to do, now that there's the possibility of showing this info off to other PressF1ers on a permanent basis...

Also looking at http://productfinder.co.nz will help as well. That's another good source of info and you can search by brand, shortlist companies and send RFI's to companies you choose... IDG has definitely got some useful sites...

Does that get me a free T-shirt or game, Robo???

The Sharkmeister

Susan B
26-06-2002, 02:38 PM
Heather is right, John's list is on her website.

As for my page I'm sorry but it isn't public. It's just a light-hearted, humourous "mugshot" and "profile" page that I created of the main new Press F1 forum beta-testing crew and can only really be appreciated by them.

Sorry :-(

Sharkey
26-06-2002, 02:49 PM
that's a shame... mayhaps you 'special' ones should allude to it in emails to each other rather than on PressF1 then - it makes all us regular (but non-vocal) PressF1 users feel we're missing out... and we are!! :x

Napster used to have private rooms you could create to discuss things with, perhaps you guys need a PressF1 version? You could then create an apron with magical symbols on it to wear to any secret meetings you have, and also develop a secret handshake as well... Freemason's watch out! ;-)

We do love you all really and you're all incredibly helpful - just couldn't resist a sarkie dig... hehe ]:)

Remember: Life's too short to stuff a mushroom!

The SharkMeister

Heather P
26-06-2002, 03:05 PM
John originally created the list for his own purposes - he was intending to buy a computer and was interested in seeing what was around. He then thought it might be of interest to others, several were so I offered to host it. Once it was finished he moved off to other things.

Basically I think it will sit round in a back drawer gathering dust unless someone offers to update it.

Alan Cottrell
26-06-2002, 07:10 PM
Hi Heather,

Not likely to happen any time soon, as http//www.pricespy.co.nz is right uptodate and has the majority of online suppliers NZ wide.

Alan

Mike
26-06-2002, 08:04 PM
> that's a shame... mayhaps you 'special' ones should
> allude to it in emails to each other rather than on
> PressF1 then - it makes all us regular (but
> non-vocal) PressF1 users feel we're missing out...
> and we are!! :x
>
> Napster used to have private rooms you could create
> to discuss things with, perhaps you guys need a
> PressF1 version? You could then create an apron with
> magical symbols on it to wear to any secret meetings
> you have, and also develop a secret handshake as
> well... Freemason's watch out! ;-)
>
> We do love you all really and you're all incredibly
> helpful - just couldn't resist a sarkie dig... hehe
> ]:)
>
> Remember: Life's too short to stuff a mushroom!
>
> The SharkMeister

Sharkey,

not sure if you noticed, but the couple of weeks before the new PressF1 went live all the regulars disappeared? That's what would happen if they made a private room for them. It'd be better for them to keep their chatting in here than for them to leave altogether don't you think?

Mike.

Graham Petrie
26-06-2002, 09:00 PM
Not ALL the regulars... Not all of them.

G P

Chris Wilson
26-06-2002, 09:07 PM
Mike and Sharky,

DId you miss us then????????
shucks never knew you cared!

Mike
26-06-2002, 09:40 PM
> Mike and Sharky,
>
> DId you miss us then????????
> shucks never knew you cared!

didn't need to miss you, Chris - I was right there with you :)

Mike.

Chris Wilson
26-06-2002, 10:23 PM
>>> That's what would happen if they made a private room for them

Jees i must be asleep, when you used the word "them" i didn't think of you as the same mike who was in candy with us, but of course our names are fixed now!

I can tell this is going to be one of those nights.