PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Word 97. Borders printing problem.

hlrmwe
24-06-2002, 08:06 PM
I have been trying to print a document for my daughter which she built in Word 97. The problem is that it will not print the border that was created in Word no matter where we put the Format settings for borders, or how we vary the margin sizes. I have tried raising a new document with the minimum default margins and creating a border. It shows in print preview, but does not print out on my Epson Stylus Color 600. Borders on other documents do print out okay on this printer. Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this problem please?

godfather
24-06-2002, 08:31 PM
You need to go to format - borders and shading - page border, then choose the OPTIONS button and in that page select from "text" instead of from "edge of page"

Non printing borders are always a problem on inkjets as they cannot print close enough to the edges. Borders inserted as drawing objects will print as you can alter them, but as page borders they are unaffected by margin settings. Always visible on-screen, but often print preview will show that they are missing.

If this is not your problem, it could be that you have a strangely corrupted document, in which case cut and paste to a new one.