PDA

View Full Version : Who flogged my name?

Merlin the Magician
21-06-2002, 01:42 PM
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery - however this is some I can do without.

21-06-2002, 01:56 PM
Gotta be quick! ;-)

Want to buy it off me? :D

Merlin the Magician
21-06-2002, 01:58 PM
You really want to be told to intercourse off rectum?

Chris Wilson
21-06-2002, 02:14 PM
now now,

I made sure that no-one gets mine... its a bit like domain registration, theres the fast and the last..... nevermind

Susan B
21-06-2002, 02:14 PM
That's nice of you Merlin. :-( Can't you take a joke?

I have defended your coarse tongue in the past but maybe the flak has been justified.

The reason I got the merlin.... name is because the beta testers were playing around before the forum went live and I was dared to take your name. We were told that all our names, except the one we wished to retain, were going to be deleted but it appears that the merlin.... one must have been missed.

I intend asking Bruce (the Webmaster) to remove it now, but the Merlin-NZ name is taken. Maybe you could ask Bruce nicely if you could have the plain vanilla merlin as that would be available.

BTW stop being so pompous and grouchy all the time!

Billy T
21-06-2002, 02:55 PM
S' alright Susan

I had a look-see and found another merlin variant free so I took it and merlin can get it from me if he wants it.

I guess names are a touchy thing, we identify with them and then they become us, so when there are so many ways of registering merlin it was bound to happen one way or another. Actually, I always thought there were two merlins on Press F1 anyway.

It was almost peaceful in the lounge............them's were the days!

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :D :D :D

Biggles
21-06-2002, 04:10 PM
Email me - nzwebmaster@idg.co.nz - and we'll arrange a name handover if it's a problem (but not till Monday, I'm outta the office). Let's try and keep it friendly kids .....

dum dugie
21-06-2002, 07:08 PM
darn.................
nobody want Dum dugie????????????

Baldy
21-06-2002, 08:18 PM
I'm off to register another name..... If Robo can have several (for his unofficial rantings) than so can I..... LOL

merlin-nz
21-06-2002, 08:25 PM
Okay Merlin the Magician,

merlin-nz here, now i don't get into arguments, too old for that i have been known as merlin for over 30 years, and when i first logged on to Press F1 did so as merlin.

But when i found someone else had been using the name i graciously put -nz at the end of mine.

If you wish to be known as merlin so be it, but i have claimed merlin-nz, end of story. X-(

and by the way my name is all lower case. :D

robo
21-06-2002, 09:14 PM
What about me? I am reduced to using this awful name.

Ronaldo.

Merlin the Magician
21-06-2002, 11:42 PM
Susan - I don't pay for anything that is free. That's why I said what I said and have no regrets about saying it. Besides at 999 years old I can afford to be short-tempered

mark c
22-06-2002, 01:51 AM
Oi! Give the guy his handle back and stop behaving like a virus releaser. Decent joker was nice to me back when I was a newbie. Be nice now or everyone will be backed up into defensive hence offensive positions.

Susan B
22-06-2002, 01:11 PM
> Susan - I don't pay for anything that is free.

Yes, I know that very well Merlin - the arrow really hit the mark didn't it? ;-)

Look, no hard feelings, I was a bit naughty but you can email Bruce and on Monday he'll arrange for you to have your proper title: Merlin. Got to get rid of that ghastly Merlin the Magician name quick smart, it doesn't suit you. :-)

> Besides at 999 years old I can afford to be short-tempered.

Not here you can't. There are plenty of other sites where wizards can go and be as short-tempered as they like, but here you have to practice wit and humour along with your wizard skills, OK?

Humour me. ;-)

NathanTheKind
22-06-2002, 02:28 PM
> What about me? I am reduced to using this awful
> name.

Hey Mate

You are the boss you can name yourself anything you like.
;\
Of course if you were to change it we would all hassel you for it.
:D
But Only for a week or so

lol
:) :) :D :D ;) ;)

Billy T
22-06-2002, 03:04 PM
Hey Susan

Does that mean I can keep my Merlin too? Could be useful when I have a problem too embarrassing to post under my own name.

On second thoughts, I'll abandon it, I can live without the hassle.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) ]:) ]:)

PS Did you see I managed to get a double post?

Merlin the Magician
22-06-2002, 09:41 PM
Susan,
Identities are as unique as GUIDs in Active Directory.

If Bruce is as good as I think, all he has to do is reset the password for Merlin and email it to me - providing the imitator is sincere.

Humour you? i have no idea what tickles your fancy . . .

Susan B
22-06-2002, 09:55 PM
> Humour you? i have no idea what tickles your fancy .

I will soon let you know what doesn't. ;-)

Susan B
24-06-2002, 03:34 PM
Bumping this to the top of the list in the hope that Bruce sees it....

Graham L
24-06-2002, 04:08 PM
With all these Merlins floating around how come I still haven't found the sword stuck in my anvil ready for me to pull out and fulfill my destiny of world domination?

Just to make this a useful posting, I just tried the Spell Check (appropriate for wizards) again. It worked without a java crash dump, but the best match it has for "Merlins" is Merinos". Baaa.

]:)

Merlin
24-06-2002, 10:28 PM
merci beaucoup mademoiselle B et monsieur Buckman

Susan B
24-06-2002, 10:42 PM
That's much better. ;-)

Erin Wilson
25-06-2002, 09:30 AM
yes but world domination at what cost - what a tragic story. And the whole gunevear(sp) sister thing - quite tragic really, poor old arthur