PDA

View Full Version : The new Press F1

Tom B
20-06-2002, 09:03 PM
Like the look, Like the format. Congratulations.

Pity the spell checker doesn't seem to work.

godfather
20-06-2002, 09:09 PM
Welcome Tom
Bit quiet at the moment, DNS servers haven't all caught up with address change yet it seems.

Spell checker was working (I was a Beta tester for last week or two) and certainly tried it at kick-off, it was OK.

Just checked it on this and it worked fine.

robo
20-06-2002, 09:23 PM
mein gott!
Never tried the spell check before but seemed to work now.
robo.

supergran
20-06-2002, 09:25 PM
Just adding my 2c worth, I also like the look, and layout, and it seems to load quicker. Well done.

*Sparky*
21-06-2002, 12:54 AM
Welcome to the new Press F1 supergran.

Long time no hear. Hope to see a lot more of you now that the new forum is running.

Pretty neat ah?

B-)

Graham L
21-06-2002, 05:00 PM
Does not! It rejected "PressF1" yesterday. Just now, it gave a PressF1 errpr; and the Error Summary (which I can't post --- sorry Bruce) complains at length about a

java.lang.NullPointerException at java.langStringbuffer(Stringbuffer.java:130)
at com.wintertree, at com.jivesoftware, at org.apache.jsp.spell$jsp, at org.apache.jasper, at javax.servlet.http, lots at org.apache.catalina, and last line "at Java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)".

Yesterday, it did not even give me the Error Summary.

I don't know if it accepts "PressF1" today.

Anyway my spelling is perfexxxct. And me grammer is beeootiful. So hoo needs Spell Checkers? Except wizards.

Biggles
21-06-2002, 05:04 PM
Graham - w estill have to go through and add a bunch of words to the dictionary - we wanted to get this out live since the old one was choking.

If you get errors like that, can you please make a new post with something like "PressF1 Error" in the title so we can spot em and check em out.

Linda H
21-06-2002, 05:31 PM
And the best thing is: no multiple posts - yay :-)