PDA

View Full Version : Word XP

19-06-2002, 07:45 PM
I am running Office Pro XP on a P4 with plenty of grunt. One problem with Word..... when I scroll through a document it tears the graphics and leaves blanks in the middle of them. Any suggestions?

godfather
20-06-2002, 10:15 PM
This used to happen to me on win 95, and win ME on 2 different machines, with Office 97.

I could ameliate the problem by setting the graphics accelleration down a notch, and suspect it was to do with the abilities of the on-board video chipset.

Running XP and office XP now, still with on board video and its only just OK (pentium 3, 667 MHz 256Mb Ram). Occaisional glitch until you scroll off and back. Shared Ram as well for video, 11 Mb

Have you got on board video chipset?

PeebZ
21-06-2002, 12:40 AM
I once also encounted smiliar problems in word.
I found my problem to be with the AGP Aperture Size. (Accelerated Graphics Port).

Anyhow to change this setting you need to make some changes within the computer's BIOS.

*Restart the computer and press the key that enters you into your system bios. ie 'Delete' key.

*You are looking for a Video Configuration menu. You may need to see you system manual to find how to get there.

*Under the AGP Aperture Size setting change to at least 256MB

*Save the changes and exit- usually F10

*Now Word should operate normally.