PDA

View Full Version : CRW drivers

18-06-2002, 09:11 PM
Could anyone please help me to find the drivers for an ASUS CRW-0804F CD writer. Not even Asus can oblige. Would be eternally grateful for any suggestions. Have exhausted all possibilities I can think of.

19-06-2002, 04:59 PM
'crw-0804f driver' to google.co.nz gave a few links.

Apart from asus-korea.com who were very proud of the drive in June 2000 'considerate design', I get the impression from the discussions that it is very similar to the Acer crw-8432IA. Also that the cd writing packages actually support this drive, and also that a standard ATAPI driver would work for it.

The other possibility would be to try the 'CD-Rom god' package. It is a bootable floppy with drivers for over 50 drives. Have a look at www.computers.pcc.edu/~troubleshoot/aplus/cdrom.htm ... (not *totally* sure of that 'aplus' in the path -- my handwriting is better described as handcryptography), but you should be ably to track down from the ~troubleshoot level.

Good luck. Manufacturers who consider equipment to be 'obsolete' and unsupported in less than 2 years are not helpful.

Tony S.
29-06-2002, 08:37 AM
Thanks Graham,
Sorry I haven't got back to you before now but have been busy.
I haven't even had a chance to try your theories yet, but it looks promising. Will keep you informed.
Tony S.