PDA

View Full Version : Address book

15-06-2002, 02:37 PM
I was told you could copy the address book by exporting to a file and yes you can but the book was empty....no names or details,can anyone enlighten me ??
also is there any great advantage in updating IE from V5.0 to v 6.0

15-06-2002, 02:53 PM
Ray, just bring up the address book, drag from top to bottom, right clickand copy.

Open up Word97 or MSWorks or whatever, and right click and paste.

Have done this and got rid of the address book.

Hope that will fix those nasty viruses.

Les (3)

15-06-2002, 02:53 PM
Ray, just bring up the address book, drag from top to bottom, right clickand copy.

Open up Word97 or MSWorks or whatever, from the Start button, and right click and paste.

Have done this and got rid of the address book.

Hope that will fix those nasty viruses.

Les (3)

15-06-2002, 06:54 PM
If you want to copy the address book. Search for a file called wab and copy it. It stands for Windows Address Book (i think) and generally is small enough to fit on a floppy. Good way to back up your email addresses, or you could send it to a hotmail acc to back up.

Brain_Cell_Anon
27-02-2003, 11:10 PM
I'm not positive on this, but I think what 'a j' (below) is saying will do exactly what has happened with you. The WAB file (I think) IS the Windows Address Book, but only that. No data included. For that it is probably better to 'export' it as a CSV or Comma Deliminated (spleeing not my forte, sorry) file which can then be 'imported' or even opened using Excel or, usually, most good spreadsheet programs, and even I think Word (not sure on that one at all tho').

Hope that helps! :D