PDA

View Full Version : Scanner copy malfunction

13-06-2002, 09:42 PM
I'm using an HP Scanjey 5300C.

I'm happy with the scanto image, OCR etc but unhappy with the copy function.

Copy a letter that has been folded also invariably comes out with black patches. These are usually, but not always, adjacent to the fold.

I've tried reducing the contrast, reducted the resolution, but no better results.

Any suggestions ?

13-06-2002, 09:58 PM
This is only a suggestion, but sometimes using a matt black backing paper instead of the white background can help with scanning some items. I use a piece of 'building paper'.

Cheers

13-06-2002, 10:20 PM
Make sure the lid is holding the paper hard down onto the scanner glass.

I had the same problem for a while with my scanner, until I got down one day, and had a closer look. The pad that pushed down on the paper, was out of alignment with the glass.

13-06-2002, 10:24 PM

I had the same problem for a while with my scanner, until I got down one day, and had a closer look. The pad that pushed down on the paper, was out of alignment with the glass.

13-06-2002, 10:25 PM

14-06-2002, 02:09 PM
Tks for suggestions : I've used a black background with bubble pack on the other side.

I'll check again.

14-06-2002, 04:17 PM
There's another factor that occurred to me Lindsay, if the folds are horizontal ie across the page, and the paper is not absolutely flat against the platten, then there could be a shadow effect on one side of the fold. Try turning the document around so that folds are at right angles to the axis of the light source, (if possible) then both sides of the fold should be equally illuminated.

I think the black background helps if the paper is thin and there is text on both sides.
Cheers.