PDA

View Full Version : Font sizes

13-06-2002, 05:54 PM
When I went to change the font settings in my appearance display the drop down list of font sizes starts at 10. How can I make these start at 8. I have tried highlighting the 10 then delete and typing in 8 press apply /okay
I went down all the item list and when I checked back on what I had done all font sizes had reverted back to 10, How do I do it please. Thanks

13-06-2002, 06:16 PM
Which program are we talking about here?

If you are referring to your Desktop settings, try clicking Apply after changing each font size to 8 before changing the next one.

13-06-2002, 06:43 PM
Which font? Not all of them come in all sizes and flavours.

13-06-2002, 06:47 PM
Hi Susan. Yes I am referring to my Desktop settings. The drop down window showing font sizes for each item starts at 10 ie there is no 8. By highlighting the 10 and pressing delete, I can type in 8 and this then shows up in the font size window. I click apply and when I move onto the next item to do the same the previous one reverts back to 10 again. What I am trying to do is permanently instal 8 in the list of font sizes available to me. Now how do I do that Susan? Thanks

13-06-2002, 06:50 PM
I find if i need a smaller font size, by highlighting the smallest size, type in 8 then hit 'Enter'.
Generally works but not 100% of the time, all depenps on your app.

cheers merlin-nz :-}

13-06-2002, 09:00 PM
Hi folks. Susan has got me out of my problem. My menu is set on MS Sans Serif (Western) font size 10. If I change it to Arial (Western) the font size is 8 with that.
Problem solved.
Geez we learn all the time. Thanks folks