PDA

View Full Version : Recovering disk space

13-06-2002, 11:27 AM
Yesterday I installed Oracle8i personal edition downloaded from Oracle website. I had only 1.34Gb free space. Insallation(minimal) finished successfuly.But when I tried to copy the database files the message I received not enough disk space.
This software is only for learning SQLplus statements. So I decided to uninstall and reinstall again with custom install.
The problem is after I uninstalled,disk has only 725 MB free space.I tried to find manually the files been stored and delete,but I couldn't find. I searched in C,Windows,Programfiles,System directories.
I am using Winows98 (First).
Please advise me how can I recover the lost disk space.
Thank You!

13-06-2002, 04:55 PM
Have you looked in the Recycle Bin? You might have both compressed and uncompressed versions of the software in there.

Still, I can remember good software coming on 1 or 2 360k floppies. A *big* package used three. Does the software work any better now?

13-06-2002, 09:38 PM
Hi Graham,

My Recycle bin is empty.
I mentioned about I have uninstalled the software. To reinstall, I don't have enough disk space

15-06-2002, 03:46 PM
You might need to set your display options so that you see 'all' files. If you had 1.3GB before and 725 MB free after, there are files there.