PDA

View Full Version : unwanted emails

11-06-2002, 07:34 PM
what is the easyist way to block unwanted emails in outlook 6

11-06-2002, 08:40 PM
Only foolproof way: Stop connecting to the internet.

Go to Tools, message rules. Check blocked senders (works for some) and mail rules (delete anything with words sex, teen, farm girls, enhance size, lose weight, free, pyramid, chicken, custard, small king charles terrier called bobby).

It is never perfect, but it helps.

robo.

11-06-2002, 09:54 PM
Try This

http://www.mailwasher.net/

11-06-2002, 10:00 PM
I second that! MailWasher is awesome. You can actually set it to bounce back unwanted emails so the sender thinks your address doesn't exist and will soon stop sending to you.

11-06-2002, 11:43 PM
but Robo, what about the endless mail from freinds about 'sex, teen, farm girls, enhance size, lose weight, free, pyramid, chicken, custard, small king charles terrier called bobby', wont that get blocked with the spam????

12-06-2002, 07:27 AM
I suppose that is an option, rather than spending hours creating dozens of filters.

12-06-2002, 10:07 AM
I too recommend mailwasher.
Easy to set up- on this months Imag cd.
You can configure all your email accounts- excepting web based email currently and it is proactive in that you can bounce back unwanted spam mail.
Plus its also a Kiwi developed programme

12-06-2002, 05:57 PM
Again, this suggestion of bouncing spam.

The senders of spam don't get these bounces. Innocent thirdparties get them. The spam senders give a false 'From:' address.

ISP postmasters waste huge amounts of time handling such bounces, mostly from such 'automatic' filters setup in revenge mode.

This just wastes bandwidth (slows networks down for everyone), wastes people time (wouldn't you like people at your ISP making it better), and has NO effect on the culprits.

ANYTHING WHICH AUTOMATICALLY SENDS EMAIL 'COMPLAINTS' ABOUT SPAM IS *PRODUCING* SPAM.

IF you have not got enough time (or the skills) to track and identify the actual source of this stuff, just dump it. Don't set up filter software to 'get revenge'. That does not work. Just use it to filter the input and send the rejects to the bit bucket.