PDA

View Full Version : MSN 4.6 on NT4 SP6a

10-06-2002, 12:46 PM
MSN 4.6 Won't connect on Windows NT4 SP6a with IE6 on it. It's never worked, it's connecting through a LAN, and IE5 and recently upgraded 6.0 work great, Yahoo! works, but just not MSN? Why?
Any help much appreciated
Jo
BTW, Connection (Tab) settings have not been set, although I tried the same port as IE, no luck
Thanks

10-06-2002, 10:14 PM
Josiah,

I'm not sure if this will help, but I remember we used to have this problem when trying to run MSN from the computers in the labs at university >:-)

I hope nobody from the university sees this :)

What you might need to check is if there are any proxy servers running. To overcome this you MIGHT need to know the system password. Luckily I don't think there was one at the university but we used to have to enter in the details of the server to get past it.

If you don't know the type of server (e.g. SOCKS v4) then it might be a problem.

Like I said, I don't know if this will help, just this is how we bypassed that problem when running MSN from university. Some of us also had Yahoo running there which didn't seem to be affected too much by the same issue, but MSN was. We also used ICQ and that also required a bit of tweaking to get past.

HTH

Callum