PDA

View Full Version : How do I change languages in Office XP Professional?

08-06-2002, 08:25 PM
Hi, my friend recently bought Office XP Professional from China. (It's original, not pirated) he installed it and all the office programs are in Chinese. He doesn't know how to change the language to english. Could somebody please help us out?

08-06-2002, 08:48 PM
All I can think of is selecting 'Set Language' from the 'Tools' menu bar.

All though I think that will only change the language for the spell checker.

JM

08-06-2002, 09:05 PM
Thanks JM, but even the toolbar is in chinese, we don't even know what we are clicking on. Do you know any other possible ways JM?

Thnx
Butchy

08-06-2002, 10:05 PM
Have you looked here??

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/FAQs/MultiLang.asp

Looks like it may be a 6 CD set, with CD1 being the english version and 2-6 being the Multilanguage Upgrade...

Would suggest a complete re-install??

tj

10-06-2002, 01:45 PM
I have spoken with Product Manager at Microsoft, who is willing to help.
Have emailed you, to take it further. Just posting here in case you don't think the email is real.
Mind you, this could be posted by someone who isn't me. Like Tazzie NZ for example, just to pick a name out of the air.

robo.

13-06-2002, 09:54 PM
Thanks to everyone who replied, my friend did manage to change Office XP to english by inviting one of his chinese neighbour to his house to understand what to do. It seems there is some sort of patch circulating around the net which changes the language settings for office 95-Xp. You guys were a great help, thanks!

mm2_nz
04-09-2004, 05:08 PM
I have the same problem. Do you know where to get the patch?

Nyet
04-09-2004, 05:31 PM
Well at least you're using the search function :^O

mm2_nz
07-09-2004, 11:57 PM
Seriously is it possible to change the tool bar language?

Biggles
08-09-2004, 12:20 AM
The thread dates from 2002. You're talking to tumbleweeds ....

Billy T
09-09-2004, 12:26 PM
Try a search on Google Michael, or contact Microsoft NZ. From the old post history it seems it can be done and from the sound of it a patch wasn't required.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :)

PS Ignore Nyet's silly post, he's home from playschool with the
flu and he's getting bored just playing with his blocks.]:)

whiskeytangofoxtrot
09-09-2004, 12:42 PM
> Try a search on Google Michael

Why do you insist on tracking down peoples real names and using them (as usual) in such a way as to sound condescending?

Just curious thats all.

Pillar
09-09-2004, 01:37 PM
> Why do you insist on tracking down peoples real names and using them (as usual) in such a way as to sound condescending?

That's a good point.

Billy T
09-09-2004, 01:50 PM
It's OK to be curious WTF, and I don't mind answering.

I was raised by my parents to be polite, and that included addressing people by their name if possible, rather than nicknames, or no name at all. To me, mm2_nz was a little too impersonal, and I was trying to help him resolve his problem.

So, if you plan to continue following me around, perhaps you might like to start calling me Billy. Personally I find it more acceptable to be addressed by name that have my identity ignored. When a person has a name it is much harder to be pointlessly rude to them. They become a real person instead of an abstract concept that can be abused at will.

De-personalisation is one of the early stages of human rights abuse, that's why bullies call their victims names. Hitler, Stalin and other dictators were experts at it.

None of the foregoing should be taken to infer that I hold such views about you by the way, I just think that treating people like human beings is a desirable societal trait.

Your mileage may vary. :|

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :)

whiskeytangofoxtrot
09-09-2004, 01:59 PM
> A whole lot of cruft

Ok, wasn't that curious.

It must be great to be you.

Biggles
09-09-2004, 02:09 PM
> > A whole lot of cruft
>
> Ok, wasn't that curious.
>
> It must be great to be you.

Cut it out. You -- rather unneceassilly -- asked. Billy T answered. Damn I am getting sick of this childish nonsense.

nzStan
09-09-2004, 02:12 PM
You weren't really interested in an answer were you?