PDA

View Full Version : Paradise

05-06-2002, 10:06 PM
Anybody having problems logging on to Paradise this evening.After holding for 22 minutes to get through to their helpdesk,was finally told they have a security problem with a server.It would have been a no brainer to put a announcement on their telephone system I would have thought.Whatever happened to customer service.?

05-06-2002, 10:40 PM
this happens to me most of the time , when this happen just let it re-dial and wait, cauz the customer service just finds reasons to tell u about there problem

you should think of changing ur isp cauz its getting usless now

go for slingshot or hypernet

05-06-2002, 11:02 PM
I couldn't connect at all - hung up on verifying password then said password was wrong. I got on the phone, was on hold 30 mins (crap music & thank god for speaker phones).

The guy who answered said that there was a, 'Authentication Breakdown' and that technicians were working on it. He said to try again in the morning.

The connection last week has been dodgy (disconnects regularly).

Looks like I am changing ISPs.

05-06-2002, 11:21 PM
Paradise used to be great with help within a few rings, now they suck taking at least 1 hour to answer.

Well done Telstra, although they were heading down before they came along, they havent headed upwards?

What do you guys think?

06-06-2002, 12:46 AM
I'm happy, BUT i'm on cable-paradise. What scares me is the knowledge that if/when i manage to sell up where i am, i might have to go on dial up again, and it would seem that unless things have improved dramaticly, it will mean a change of ISP's!

06-06-2002, 06:44 AM
Same problem here last night 5/6/02. When I got to the help desk I was told that my conection had a ghosting problem, which means that you have not been disconected properly from the last time you were dialed up and when you dial up again the system thinks you are someone else trying to get in on that connection ( 1 dial up 1 Connection rule )Therefore it does not matter how many times you dial up and put in the correct password you can not get hooked up as there is already a connection in place. The techies had to manual disconect the ghost connection to allow me to get back on line. I was also told that this appears to be a common problem of late. I just hope that they get it sorted out soon

06-06-2002, 10:11 AM
All sweet here in Hamilton. Connects first time @ 49 or 50.

06-06-2002, 03:41 PM
Before you lot get too carried away with bashing Paradise, you might be happy to know that I've been having a PIG of a time getting logged on to my non-Paradise account over the last two evenings. Password authentication problems were rife but it's a lot better today.

Obviously must be Telecom's fault ;-)

06-06-2002, 05:37 PM
Also in Hamilton. Been with Paradise (on recommendation from this forum) for about six weeks now. Always connect first time, never been cut off and connect speed (Dial up) 44000 (was never better than 33000 with xtra, although I used to be with a local outfit called The Net, and usually connected at 50000 or better). Haven't had to use the help line so no comment there. I am really happy with Paradise. Sorry!

06-06-2002, 05:42 PM
Also in Hamilton. Been with Paradise (on recommendation from this forum) for about six weeks now. Always connect first time, never been cut off and connect speed (Dial up) 44000 (was never better than 33000 with xtra, although I used to be with a local outfit called The Net, and usually connected at 50000 or better). Haven't had to use the help line so no comment there. I am really happy with Paradise. Sorry!

06-06-2002, 05:56 PM
Hiya,

Paradise were definately accepting responsibility when I talked to them, but I also noticed that the problem didn't ALWAYS hit me, it was just a case of most of the time, and it's only been severe over the past couple of days.

Perhaps you have been lucky :)

Could of course be a problem with paradise and a certain exchange, or something along those lines. They sometimes have outages for specific areas only.

Erin