PDA

View Full Version : Network Sharing

05-06-2002, 06:22 PM
Hey guys, got a small problem that I'm too embarressed to go to the doctor about. I am trying to setup three different computers all running Windows XP Pro. I have managed to get it all up and running with the root directory shared for network access, but can't seem to be able to access the documents/windows/program files folders unless I share them as a separate folder. I don't really won't to do this as with three computers and four shared folders on each computer means a lot of folders to try and sort through. Please help.

05-06-2002, 09:10 PM
If the drives are NTFS - is security set for everyone full control. Are the folders just not visible from another PC - or do you get access denied? Do you use the same username and password for all PCs?

05-06-2002, 11:41 PM
Use DFS - easier

07-06-2002, 08:50 PM
Some drives are NTFS, some are Fat32. Security is set for Everyone at Full Control.
The folders are visible but upon trying to open them, it comes up with access denied. I can get access if I share these folders separately but as I say, I don't see why you would have to do it this way, as it makes about for separate folders shared per computer - root, documents, program files, windows.

07-06-2002, 08:52 PM
Some drives are NTFS, some are Fat32. Security is set for Everyone at Full Control.
The folders are visible but upon trying to open them, it comes up with access denied. I can get access if I share these folders separately but as I say, I don't see why you would have to do it this way, as it makes about for separate folders shared per computer - root, documents, program files, windows.

07-06-2002, 09:00 PM