View Full Version : Centralise completed article.

05-06-2002, 01:27 PM
Hello, all,

Where o where is the 'centralise document' key/button on the toolbar in Office 2000, ME? NB, I don't mean centralise text. I type a letter and it is too far up the page, I want to re position it. Windows '98 had a key on the toolbar to do just that.It must be there somewhere ! Thanks, Bill.

05-06-2002, 02:28 PM
Either adjust the page margins or look in Layout, Page Setup

05-06-2002, 04:47 PM
Thanks, Merlin, I am aware of most of the 'fixes' for this problem, however, the PC at the local college, running Win 95, had a handy button on the toolbar, if you went to 'print preview' and found your text wasn't quite in the centre of the page, clicking on 'centralise text' would automatically re-position the text for you. I just wondered if Mr. Gates had forgotten to put this handy gizmo in to ME? More ideas? Thanks, Bill.

05-06-2002, 09:23 PM
Hi Bill,

In Word 2000, you go to File / Page Setup and on the Layout tab there is a dropdpwn box that lest you set the Vertical Alignment. One of those options is Center.

Been a while since I looked at Word 97 but I think it had this as well.



07-06-2002, 01:41 PM
Thanks, Kevin,
I'll give it a try. And to you all, your help much appreciated.....Bill.