PDA

View Full Version : Scanner Broke!

04-06-2002, 09:07 PM
I have a Canon N650u scanner (which I am very pleased with) but stopped working. How can I tell if it's a hardware or software prob (or both). I checked the System info and found the Intel driver is faulty as well as usb root hub (getting double dutch to me now!). Tried downloading a new driver from
Canon but where do you stick it. Nothing seems to recognise the old one either. I can usually follow my nose to fix a few probs but is this something best left to the experts? Cheers

04-06-2002, 09:39 PM
Hi Steve,
sounds like you and i have similar problems. keep an eye on my enquiry, ' Mustek 600CP DLL problem' further down the page.
Graham.

05-06-2002, 12:44 AM
follow this advise...disconnect first ur scanner from the usb port...delete the faulty intel driver (e.g.usb roothub) in device manager...when it ask to reboot...clik ok..if not reboot the comp....hopefully when it restarts it will look for 'new hardware found',and its gonna ask for the driver, if u got the motherboard driver load it...if u dont have the motherboard driver...get it from the internet...goto ur motherboard manufacturers website....or hopefully the O/S ur using has the right driver for ur usbroothub...now for the scanner....follow the manual that came along with it...if u want to use the new driver that u downloaded from the net u can use that...just browse to where the directory u stored the driver.

Jim Q.