PDA

View Full Version : virus scare!!!!!!!!!!

04-06-2002, 07:58 PM
hi howz it, well ive jus finished running the AVG virus free thingee, and it said that all viruses are removed, but i am still having problems!!my pictures are still appearing to be non-clear!!!!they seem to have little dots in the pictures!!!
is this by any chance affected by the virus?
please help me out!
riki

04-06-2002, 09:26 PM
Check your screen res. and the amount of colours you use e.g 16, 256,24 high colour. Usually a virus will corrupt a file not your screen as it is a screen not supported by your pc. If not your screen maybe on the way out

05-06-2002, 12:37 PM
I've had this problem in the past as well Riki, so I'll let you know what happened.

It's your video card I think. I had a P2-350 a year ago, and it came with a standard Intel740 AGP video card. Wanting to play a few new 3D games, I upgraded the video card to an 8MB Nvidia Vanta card (it was cheap, ok?). This was all fine and well until one day, just like on your system, small dots began to appear on my images. I tried to fix this by scanning for viruses and updating the gfx card drivers. But nothing worked. In the end I took my Maxi Gamer Phoenix back to the store, and got a replacement. This new one worked fine for a while, but then it too began to act wierd. In the end I gave up, and put my I740 back in and it worked like a charm.

I figure either the Gfx card was to blame, or it was a problem with the Mother board only liking it's default card.

End result: Try another video card in your PC if you can, and see if it has problems too. If not, it's time to buy a new card unfortunately.