PDA

View Full Version : Peer to peer - not responding win XP

03-06-2002, 02:16 PM
Why is it that all the sharing programmes kazaa winmx morpheus etc stuff up on my pc is it because bill gates is a !@#$*&^ barsted or is there something wrong with my computer.

03-06-2002, 03:53 PM
It is your PC - kazza works fine on my XP PC.

Please repost with *details* of your problem.

*Details* of your PC specs (is it networked? On dial-up or broadband? Doesn't install or installs, but won't connect?)

We're good, but we're not psychic. :-) If you expect an answer, post details of your problem which enables a solution to be formed. Telling us it doesn't work is not a description of symptoms, and will discourage most people from even bothering to reply.

G P

03-06-2002, 04:11 PM
Well spoken Graham,

Some expect us to have a magic wand!

Cheers,Kiwitas,;-)

04-06-2002, 03:45 PM
But even those of us who are psychotic (oops that's psychic) and not good try to help. The objection is not to you Ben, but to the content (or rather, lack of it) in your posting.

I will wave my magic wand, consult the tealeaves and crank up my ESP detector, and in the absence of information, apart from 'stuff up', make a wild guess that perhaps, just once, in a never-to-be-repeated human error in Seattle, WA, one of William Gates's employees actually set up the browser security defaults so that P2P is recognised as a risk. Or someone who installed XP on your machine did that.

But if you want an answer which is based on facts, please give some facts. The old journalist's basics for a story apply here: 'who, what where, how, when'.