PDA

View Full Version : internet & window explorer shaking

02-06-2002, 04:44 PM
any expert,

Hi everyone. I have a problem on my computer in regards to internet explorer is shaking e.g minimising and maximising my internet explorer when opening the web page or typing such words especially if i'm doing such work. When browsing, the web page is shakes which can only be stop if pressing Ctrl + Alt, until it stop and the web page will maximise. Restoring the maximise button will sometimes stop but sometime problem will occur. I do run an anti-virus check but no virus were found. I made a complaint already to the dealer on this computer, but still they haven't solve the problem. They said that their is no problem in regards to hardware. It's so funny, when i brought the computer to the dealer and showed the problem to them, It seems that the problem disappear. But then when i installed again at home the problem occurs. I notice this after a month when i purchase the computer. It's annoying and i'm tired of troubleshooting on what is the problem of my computer. Any possible solution will be greatly appreciated.

02-06-2002, 07:54 PM
Eric,

You've left out important info, such as which Windows version you're using, how fast your computer is, how much RAM you've got, what kind of monitor you've got, and what kind of video card you've got (if you know).

Without this information it'll be hard to diagnose your problem, but I'll give it a shot...

Click the RIGHT mouse button on the desktop, and from the popup menu select Properties. In the Display Properties window that opens up, click on the 'Settings' tab, and then click the 'Advanced' button on the bottom right of the window. In the new window that opens, click on either the 'Adapter' or the 'Monitor' tab (I'm not sure which one it'll be on), and there'll be an option for changing the screen Refresh Rate. Adjust this figure upwards in increments, and test to see if any of these different settings helps solve your problem any. Just be careful not to adjust them too high up, as if your monitor can't handle it, you can do it damage.

HTH

Mike.

02-06-2002, 08:16 PM
It isn't, by any chance, sitting next to a stereo, speakers, cellphone, TV or other such thing that is magnetized?

Does it happen all the time or at random intervals?

03-06-2002, 11:46 AM
Hi Mike,

Following are the information you have asked to diagnose in order to troubleshoot the problems are:

I'm using Windows 98 2nd ed, Monitor - Philips 107S, Processor - AMD Duron Athlon Processor, Video - 24x768 in 32 bit colour, NVIDIA VANTA/VANTA L, RAM - 128 MB. I don't knew how fast is the computer is. Hope this will give a hint to solve the problem. thanks