PDA

View Full Version : sound distortion

01-06-2002, 06:15 PM
Im not sure weather its the programs but when I play music files the distortion sounds like mainly the voices are warped and if there are several vocals the main voice is quieter than the back ups.I've tryed thousands of combinations on the voume control quicklaunch icon and the applications themselves.for sum reason the windows media player is more distored than winamp.Its not skipping or pausing and the operating system Im using is windows me.I think Im running a 850 processor (the unit being mega hurt or sumthing).please help.thanx,riki

01-06-2002, 10:12 PM
I don't know of an easy solution, but outrule the files by trying them on a different PC. If you don't have a CD burner, try inserting a regular CD, to see if it works, and then if it doesn't try it on another PC.

This will isolate the problem to the PC or the files. Let me know how you get on.

G P

03-06-2002, 12:11 PM
I have found that the amount of volume that comes out of your speakers has at least three internal controls (under Win98) of which the slider on winamp etc is only the last one. It is possible that one of the other settings is turned up very high, causing distortion, then the next is turned down, so you get sound at a reasonable volume.

Try looking at the slider options under: accessories/entertainment/volume control (for WIN98) and see if altering any of these makes any difference. In particular look at 'wave output balance' and 'CD player balance' as well as 'playing volume'.

Hope that helps?

04-06-2002, 05:08 PM
the sound distortion that incurred on my pc does not appear to plauge the music files on another pc.That you for your help.

riki

19-06-2002, 03:57 PM
Dear Graham Pitrie,

19-06-2002, 03:59 PM
Dear Graham,

19-06-2002, 04:05 PM
Dear Graham,I'm sorry I didnt respond earlier but I though I had a idea.I'm worried about trying the files on another computer because of the recent kazaa files virus outbreak, Benjamin.worm and its effects of spreading to other kazaa files.can you find an altrnative?But I also Have found a tool for for removing to the virus but it proved to be worthless.Thanx
Riki