PDA

View Full Version : Spellchecker in Word

01-06-2002, 02:54 PM
I have lost my spell checker in Word the following notice appears when I click the spell tool.
'Word cannot open the spelling. c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Share\Proof\MSsp3.lex for English (New Zealand'

How can I reactivate this?

01-06-2002, 04:58 PM
You should be able to reinstall office - uncheck - word to uninstall - recheck to reinstall
otherwise, reinstall word to a different folder and copy the missing file over

01-06-2002, 05:03 PM
First do the following checks:

Open a word document, select some text, then click on menu item 'Tools' and select the 'Language' option, then 'Set Language'. Can you see 'English (New Zealand)' there?

Click on the Start Button, then select 'Settings', 'Control Panel', double-click the 'keyboard' icon, click on the 'Input Locales' tab. Does 'English (New Zealand)' appear, and if so, can you set it as the default?

If neither of these work, do you have the original CD for Office or Word? If so, you should be able to click on the Start Button, select 'Settings', then 'Control Panel', then 'Add/Remove Programs', and if you choose Office (or Word) as if you were going to remove it, there should be an option to 'Add/remove Features'. From there you can check if 'Proofing Tools' is already checked. If so, you might want to go back a screen and try the 'Repair Office' button.

01-06-2002, 07:22 PM
Hello Betty
Try this open a word doc click on tools-customise-commands-tools on the right hand window should be spelling & grammer & further down spelling click and hold which you would like and drag it to the tool bar and slot into where you like.
Regards Trev