PDA

View Full Version : Paradise not recognising password

01-06-2002, 10:42 AM
For the past two days I have been unable to connect to Paradise because it comes up with 'Invalid username or password' after the handshake. The username is correctly shown in the dialup window and I have typed in my password again to make sure it is the correct one. I am dialling up to their 359 number. Is anyone else having these probs?

01-06-2002, 11:06 AM
It was giving me the same error, Linda. I rung them and after getting through was told to try 087 307272, which really didnt make any difference.

I emailed them, and after not receiving a response, emailed again. I then received two identical form-letter responses:

-------------------
Hello

It is unfortunate to hear that you are having problems while using our
service. There are many things which could adversely affect your
connection or perhaps degrade performance and because of this, it will be
very difficult for us to troubleshoot via email.

I understand your frustration at the current waiting times experienced on
the helpdesk number. Please understand that our staff are working very
hard to provide the best possible services under difficult circumstances.

Although the helpdesk can not guarantee an expedient fault resolution. The
helpdesk is still our primary means of fault management.

We appreciate your patience with us in this difficult time.

Please feel free to call the helpdesk. Our helpdesk support is currently
available 24/7. Call waiting times are greatly reduced during off-peak
times.

Best Regards,

---------------------

My connection has been better over the past two days, I have occasionally been told that my password is incorrect, but I re-enter it and all is ok. Go figure.

J.

01-06-2002, 07:41 PM
The same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago, so I rang the help desk. The techie was helpful and professional... and eventually let me give a new password which solved the problem. In my **opinion**, the reason passwords are not being recognised are either that Paradise's system has been hacked or there is a glitch - either way they would not want to admit it.