PDA

View Full Version : Settings

30-05-2002, 01:35 PM
After mucking about with the various settings in my computer all went well until I now find the drop down viewing panels eg Dial up connection or the Outlook Express checking for new messages,are nearly twice the size they were.
I now cant find the setting to reduce these back to the size they were. Please tell me. Thanks.

30-05-2002, 02:36 PM
Could you tell us where abouts you were changing settings.

30-05-2002, 05:20 PM
Hi Sam. I went into My Computer/Control Panel/Display and then the settings in display properties. I really got fouled up in there and had to call on a friend to help me out. However I thought everything was back to normal but I am left with these drop down panels referred to being much larger than they were.

30-05-2002, 05:44 PM
Hi Baldy, Please tell us:

1. The size of your Monitor

&

2.The present settings you are using.

30-05-2002, 07:12 PM
Hi Roger. The monitor is a 15inch but I dont know what settings you are referring to.Most of the area I got into trouble was the settings in display properties eg Message Box, active title buttons, menu and so on. I just thought I must have clicked something inadvertently to create the this little problem. It is no big deal I just wondered where I had gone wrong.

30-05-2002, 10:08 PM
It sounds like you changed your screen size. Click on start/settings/control panel/display/settings.
Check that screen size is not on lowest setting. I use 600 x 400 pixel setting.Then click on apply and screen will resize & ask if you want to keep that size setting.

31-05-2002, 07:56 AM
Hi Baldy,

You could even try 1024*768.

In the Advanced part of Settings you can change the font size to suit. Although this may be a part of my vid card properties!

31-05-2002, 01:16 PM
Hi folks. Thanks for all your suggestions. Unfortunately none of them helped.As I said above it is no big deal and maybe one day I will stumble over the setting which affects those drop down panels. I did not change the pixel setting as this has always been 800*600.
Thanks again I appreciate your time in trying to be helpful. Maybe next time we will have more success