PDA

View Full Version : best P2P ? (try again, all your base are...)

28-05-2002, 05:06 PM
Someone raised this question recently. To check out with some hard evidence I looked for Septimus Winner's 'Listen to the Mocking Bird' (written 1855). This was because (a) I like it anyway (b) it has had more versions than any other song in history - well over 20,000.
So a good p2p should find some of these, right? Audiogalaxy turned up 37 hits. How many did Kazaa get? Zero, zilch, zip, null, cero, fuzz all ... how many ways can you say this? (I had other problems with Kazaaa lite as well ...). So what is Kazaa good at? - allowing downloads of recent copyright material thus robbing the artists etc? Do I have this wrong?

28-05-2002, 05:42 PM
No 1 peer to peer program can have every song. It all depends on what the users interests are. So it looks like audiogalaxy users like 'Listen to the mocking bird' and kazaa users dont.

28-05-2002, 05:42 PM
I wouldn't go blaming Kazaa.... maybe there are no other users with that particular song in thier shared files.... Have you tried typing in either - the name of the song - or - the name of the artist?
If you can get it on Audiogalaxy, why would you want to bother with Kazaa?
There are plenty of songs on Kazaa that you can't get on any of the other p2p's
Regards, ALAN :-)

28-05-2002, 06:03 PM
Like the others have already said its not the p2p fault it hasnt got what u want, its the other people using it.

Thats what i think peer 2 peer means, sharing files with people with the same interests.

What makes a good server is the ability to get fast downloads, resume downloads and be able to get multiple downloads, as well as being easy to use.

The next thing that comes in to it is do you like looking at(I spend a lot of time looking at).

cheers