PDA

View Full Version : splitting a PDF?

28-05-2002, 03:35 PM
I want to print a PDF manual, no hardcopy is supplied, but the file size 9mb will choke my machine. Is there anyway to split this file into manageable chunks without buying Acrobat.

28-05-2002, 04:02 PM
I'm not sure about 'splitting the file' but if you use Adobe Acrobat Reader (v5 is available on PC World Cover disks or a free download from http://www.adobe.com) you can the open the pdf file in the Reader and using the Thumbnail views select which pages you want to print out. That way you can select how much/little to print out at a time.

Steps:
Download and install the free Adobe Acrobat reader version 5.x
run the reader and open your PDF file
click on the Thumbnail tab to the left side of the reader window

Print a contiguous range of pages:
Select the first page you want to print with your mouse and holding down the SHIFT key move to the last page you want to print and click on that page
Then click File | Print you should see a window which should have a radio button selected in the 'Selected Pages' now click on OK

Print a disparate range of pages:
Select the first page you want to print with your mouse and holding down the CTRL key move to the next page you want to print and click on that page continue holding down CTRL key and click each of the pages you want to print
Then click File | Print you should see a window which should have a radio button selected in the 'Selected Pages' now click on OK

In either case you are only printing the pages you selected.

Hope this is of some use to you Tony

Cheers,
Babe.