PDA

View Full Version : Paradise SUX

27-05-2002, 09:19 PM
They had a good reputation, but now just suck big time. Cant get connected - the helpdesk says there are no problems that they know of ( i said to check here!!!!). they gave me a new number to try 087307272 but that is worse - says my password is invalid!! idiots.

don't want to go back to telecon, any ideas of who else is good?

27-05-2002, 09:53 PM
Dont worry was having the same connection problem I rung paradise they said they had a problem and to try again half hour did so ok now
Regards Trev

27-05-2002, 11:03 PM
Hi Jason

its been rat dropping for over a month now. got a techie comming out to check my lines. will see how far that goes.

Cheers

Muuray P

27-05-2002, 11:18 PM
Not all Paradise users are having problems. I have been with them for over 2 years and usually connect on the first attempt. At busy times it may take 2 attempts.
I haven't noticed any dropoff in download speed, and always connect at 49333bps (since rewiring house phone system).
I haven't tried to ring the help desk for ages, so can't comment on that.
just a few lines from a happy, satisfied customer.

27-05-2002, 11:45 PM
i thought a few months back that paradise sounded like a good option to take, the $20 200 hours... instead of Ihug's Diamond plan...i'm having second thoughts.

I first tried to connect at 9.02pm tonight, and i didn't connect until 9.51pm!

what really gets my goat is that 'this is a recorded message' message grrr.

we pay for a service, which is to connect to the internet. and if we can't connect why bother paying?

paradise is getting the thumbs down from me...

just a thought

tones

28-05-2002, 09:55 AM
We live in AKL and do not have a problem, even though we have only a clapped out 486dx50 20mb machine.

The recorded message 'Cannot connect due to overloading' comes from Telecom not Paradise, so when Paradise say there is no problem on their network they are probably correct.

28-05-2002, 11:36 AM
I've never had an external connection problem from Paradise, here in Hamilton, only self induced that the helpdesk cleared up for me.
But the last couple of months has seen my connect speeds fall from 49/50 to 43/46. However, since all the letters of complaint here on F1, my speed has gone back to 49.6.
Doesn't suck for me right now.

28-05-2002, 12:17 PM
Reckon one of the reasons they're a bit gay at the mo' is that paradise is owned by telstra-clear who are having interconnection problems (telecom wants to charge telstra for heaps, telstra wants cheap bulk deals) - check out idg.net.nz for heaps of articles on this issue.

Also: telstra is moving the paradise helpdesk up to auckland to merge it with the clear helpdesk.

What I reckon this all means is that paradise itself is fine, but there are less lines available to paradise users so everyone is having connection problems.

Also, moving the helpdesk explains the wait times, as new people will have to be trained up.

I'm having similar problems - connection being dropped, difficulty connecting, password being reported as invalid.

As I said, I reckon these issues can be traced back to paradise not having enough lines to connect users to the various servers and routers.

Hope this is some help,
MarkOS X