PDA

View Full Version : Best Peer 2 Peer program ( POLL)

26-05-2002, 09:08 PM
Whats everybodys favourite p2p program. Mine would have to be kazaa for its speed and good search results, but just dam all the spyware.

Morpheus would be the next best one but only for downloading music its a little slower than kazaa but then i can wait an extra 5 minutes or so.

26-05-2002, 09:16 PM
None - I dont use any, too risky with all the worms and virus's. I get my friends to download stuff for me.

26-05-2002, 09:36 PM
Armed with Audio-Galaxy, and a cable modem, i now have downloaded about 12,000 songs in just over a year, and no problems!

It gets my vote.

BTW, i find myself going to the shops to buy some of what i sample via this.. So to hell with the record companies trying to stop it, i also gladly 'host' local bands more interested in getting thier stuff out by any medium

26-05-2002, 09:42 PM
kazaa unfortunatly.....pity about music city changing. 2nd goes to winMX and third to imesh.

26-05-2002, 09:48 PM
Kazaa Lite and WinMX are my two favourite.

But I prefer to download from website or ftp server where possible.

It's been so good having my stepdad away at the moment. THe internet connection is all mone muahahahaha. I've done over 650megs in under 48hrs, and that's not downloading 24//7 (narly though).

JM

26-05-2002, 09:54 PM
For me it has to be KAZAA LITE. No spyware, multiple downloads, tons of users and wide variety of files to choose. I have just downloaded latest winmx and the jury is still out but so far Kazaa lite is still the best for me.

sam m

26-05-2002, 10:42 PM
Kazaa Lite for me. K.

26-05-2002, 10:53 PM
Kazaa Lite for me too. No spyware, (not that I really care if someone knows what websites I go to or songs I download - its pretty boring stuff ya know, but I digress).

Seems much faster than Morpheus ever was (especially once they updated their program...), blows what I used to get with Win MX out of the water, and easier than Audio Galaxy to get the file from more that one person at once.

I have been getting music videos over last few weeks, when Paradise lets me on, with awesome speed on dial up.

J.

27-05-2002, 12:34 AM
Kazaa LITE fastest &no adds or spyware #1

#2 WinMX again no adds or spyware.

Cheers,Kiwitas.;-)

27-05-2002, 12:38 AM
Kazaa lite.

Have used napster in the hey-day.

WinMX when napster shut down.

Found limeware to be better, but too slow. imesh OK.

Moved on to try various gnutella variants, but the searches suck, and it is too slow.

Then I found Morpheus - ahh, morpheus.

it was great - until it went to gnutella, so I switched to audiogalxy, but didn't like it.

Finally heard about Kazaa lite - been there ever since. Love it.

G P

27-05-2002, 12:15 PM
Depends on just what sort of stuff you want to download.
Audiogalaxy finds (mainly older) material I just can't find elswhere.
WinMX 3.1 I generally use coz its good and does job as needed. Used to use Morpheus sometimes but can't get that to work properly now. Given it the scrub, similarly with KAZAA. Anyone ever try the now defunct Xolox which some jacked up polls claimed was the best but I found to be virtually useless. No wonder its defunct. Beware of jacked up poll results!

27-05-2002, 12:17 PM
Used to be napster and morpheous these days I use kazaa lite, winmx audiogalaxy lite http://www.kazaalite.com/nuked/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=index

27-05-2002, 12:52 PM
well with kazaa and others looking at being shut down i wonder who can hack the prog so it runns outside of kazaa's control. also i noticed imesh had changed to incorperate kazaa's system to a degree. how long before other programs come together and use the same network. this would boost the amount of files advailable. winMX i see can use to different networks......now if all the others could connect and share with all the other programs networks.....mmmmm...mp3 heaven ;-)

27-05-2002, 01:14 PM
Number 1 goes to:audiogalaxy

Number 2 goes to:The old morpheus

Numer 3 Goes to Kazaa

27-05-2002, 06:29 PM
Definately Kazaa Lite.