PDA

View Full Version : Westpac Homepage Timeout Problem

26-05-2002, 08:41 AM
Hi there - I'm having a major problem accessing the Westpac Homepage (or any Westpac page actually) - keep timing out.
This happens regardless of whether or not the firewall and ad blocker are activated.I've viewed and cleared the files in the cache,cleared history, reset IE 5.5 browser settings to default, tried using an alternate url (sec.westpac.co.nz), tried accessing Westpac via Google
- nothing works!
Westpac say there's nothing wrong with their site and Xtra say there's nothing wrong at their end - what now?
My Norton AV 2002 files are up to date and the system was scanned and clean last night after this started....Hellllp!

26-05-2002, 09:06 AM
Its not just you Lynne, I have been trying to access there banking page as well for the last hour, just keeps coming up network error. I've had this couple of time before, it will come right, just a case of trying again till you get in. It is annoying though.

26-05-2002, 10:08 AM
Hi Gordon
Don't suppose I could entice you to ring the Westpac Telebanking crew (0800 172 172)and tell them you're having trouble too? They don't seem to want to do anything about investigating the cause unless more people ring about it.This timeout thing started last night at about 8.30 for me and is EATING ME UP....
Cheers
Lynne

26-05-2002, 01:44 PM
Hi Lynne,
There is something funny going on. Just logged onto Westpac, paid a bill, then went back to the opening page to find it had expired.
To get back on I would have had to have logged in again.

I will ring them also, the more the better :)

Cheers