PDA

View Full Version : Java / ActiveX Assistant box

25-05-2002, 09:31 PM
Java / ActiveX Assistant box

Hi,
Recently I started getting a new Java/ActiveX
Assistant box appearing on my screen when I go to a website(s). It asks if I want to block or permit Java / ActiveX for this visit or for all visits. It just started recently from where I'm not sure. How do I get rid of this? Are any choices already made that are stored somewhere in my PC and how can I delete them? Thanks for any help.
Bill

26-05-2002, 12:39 AM
Bill,

I'm guessing this might have something to do with your internet security settings. Perhaps someone changed them or perhaps even you did without realising. This could be what's blocking the Java/AcitveX from running automatically and requiring your permission.

To check your internet security settings (assuming you're using Internet Explorer):
Choose the 'Tools' menu item, then go 'Internet Options'.

Select the 'Security' tab and check your settings I'm not sure which is best for you, but there is an explanation of what each security level does.

If this doesn't help check and see if you're running a firewall that you recently configured or installed. Perhaps there are some settings there that need to be altered.

HTH

Callum

26-05-2002, 09:30 AM
Hi Callum,
Before writing I tried all the things you suggested to no avail. The message I get on the screen, and not included in my original message (should have been) syas, 'To see or modify the Java and ActiveX rules for the current site, select the site on the Web tab and then click the Active Content tab'. I've looked around, but don't see what they are talking about. Any idea?
Thanks again Callum,
Bill