PDA

View Full Version : nero burning

25-05-2002, 04:15 PM
I only got my computer 6 months ago and its hard drive has already died once.I am totaly computer illiterate,I would like to know how to back up my files useing the nero burning function and also how to make music cd's, in plain english please.

25-05-2002, 04:58 PM
Bonnie,
Go to http://www.nero.com/en/download.htm and download the Nero 5.5 Qucikstart Manual. You will find an easy step by step instruction on how to do what you want to do. The manual is written in an easy to understand format. Hope this helps.

Brian

26-05-2002, 01:03 PM
Dear Bonnie,

I tried using Nero, it came with my new CD writer, but I eventually gave up in disgust. The music CD burning tool is total crap and I could never get it to produce anything but things to set your drinks down on.
My brother sent me a copy of Prassi Primo's CD burning programme, which is much better.
However, there is a trap for new players: when you are burning back up or data CDs, make sure they are CDRW rather than just CDR format. The 'RW' stands for 're-writable', which means you can write many times on the same disk. These disks are made differently from CD-Rs, and they are a little more expensive, but Nero's data burning tool won't work on CDRs.
If you'd like me to send you a copy of Prassi Primo's programme, let me know your e-mail address - mine's joe@arena.org.nz

Hope this helps.

Joe Davies