PDA

View Full Version : Hi Susan, Merlin's hear.

25-05-2002, 03:25 PM
Susan, nice to hear from you, I don?t know when you posted the last post but I found it like you did.
Actually, I haven?t been getting my e-mails until after I log onto PressF1. Never mind that now, Problems again I?m getting a bit more than a little peeved off with WinME I posted this near the top so we don?t have to hunt though hundreds of postings.
As follows;
A:\> type c: (enter)
C:\> type cd windows (enter)
C:\>WINDOWS> type cd system (enter)
C:\>WINDOWS\SYSTEM> type del findfast.cpl (enter)
File not Found

Also tried the following;
C:\>WINDOWS\SYSTEM> type cd:\progra~1 (enter)
C:\PROGRA~1 type cd:\micros~1 (enter)
Invalid Directory

BTW I?m not giving up and letting this damn computer beat me, I?m the master it?s only a program. (But I wouldn?t blame you if you?ve had enough of WinME and me).
Do you have any thing to do with MSN Messenger or Yahoo Messenger services, I have just download and installed them both, but they seem to be a bit confusing.

Bye for now merlin-nz :-)

25-05-2002, 04:51 PM
Grrrrrr, those gremlins disappeared all my instructions just before I had a chance to post it and I've got to do it all again. Just as well it's a cold, wet, miserable day and I've got nothing else to do. Now, what did I say again...?

Hmmm, either you haven't got those findfast files any more or I've got the directories wrong. I've been working a bit blind since I haven't actually got them myself and am just guessing mainly.

Let's try this: we want to know the exact path to them so first do a search again in Windows for 'findfast' from Start|Find. If nothing turns up, good, they've gone. If some do, then open up your Run dialogue box from the Start menu. Delete anything listed in the white box then position your Find window alongside the Run window so you can see both at once.

Now RIGHT drag one of the files in the find box onto the Run white box and you will see the file's full path (providing WinME works the same as Win98, that is!). Write it down EXACTLY and do the same for any other files in the Find window.

You've now got the names of the files you want to delete. Let me know what the paths are (copy and paste them if you can) and I'll be happy to advise further. :-)

25-05-2002, 06:36 PM
Susan Hi,
Here we go again, I right clicked them to the Run white box and then copied and pasted them to notepad, damn easy when you now how, must have a excellent teacher ;-).

'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\FINDFAST.CNT'

'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\FINDFAST.HLP'

'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\FINDFAST.EXE'

C:\WINDOWS\APPLOG\FINDFAST.LGC

'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033\FINDFAST.HLP'

'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033\FINDFAST.CNT'

'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033\FINDFAST.GID'

I don't know why one of the paths has no quotation marks at either end but then they proberly don't need to be there anyway.
Hope I can stay awake for the womens rugby at 3am.
Thanx again.

Merlin-nz :-)