PDA

View Full Version : Visited Links not displaying as visited

24-05-2002, 09:41 PM
This might be something further to the problems I was having earlier today, which I thought I'd solved... but things have been acting strange since then.

My problem now is that whenver I go to a website (like PressF1) links that I've previously visited before a restart don't show up as having been visited after the restart. It seems that the internet history for today is deleted every time I restart. All previous days are still there, for the past 3 weeks, but today's disappears when I restart.

System is WinXP Pro, IE6, 20Gb, 256mb, 750Mhz.

Any suggestions?

Mike.

25-05-2002, 03:54 PM
tools > Internet options.
on the general tab there is access to change the settings or the size of your internet temp files, amoungst other related thing
(guess) if your history was set to zero days, there is nolonger such a thing as visited page..
the size of your internet temp folder may effect as well.
play here, it may help, and it cant do damage

BTW, i am an opera user, so this is just suggestions, not tried and tested by me!

25-05-2002, 04:21 PM
If that were the case then surely he'd lose the links from the previous three weeks as well...

It's a puzzling one, but I was thinking perhaps (as in Outlook there's an option to 'auto-empty the deleted items bin' perhaps there's something weirdly similar happening with your links visited for 'Today' only.

BTW, does it do the same if you close Internet Explorer and reopen it, or only if you reboot?