PDA

View Full Version : regain control prt2

24-05-2002, 06:21 PM
i visited an internet website and a program seems to have taken control of my desktop, how do i regain control of my computer.The sort of program it is, its a lop.com a sort of search engine that takes control of your browser and any changes that ive made are reset everytime i restart. I did read a article once on PCWorld of a similar problem someone was having but can't find the solution.

24-05-2002, 07:10 PM
The easiest way to remove lop.com is to download a program called Ad-aware. run this progam on your pc and it will find lots of spyware for you to remove. Once removed, lop will be gone.

Ad-aware will not affect your system unless Kazaa is installed. if you use Kazaa, let me know, and I will tell you what not to remove with ad-aware.

You can download it from <http://download.com.com/3000-2094-10045910.html?legacy=cnet>

G P

24-05-2002, 07:18 PM
Not lop again!
Hidden in the depths of thier website is/was an uninstall programe that actually works, and from all i can gather it uninstalls both cleanly, and doesn't sneak anything else onto your computer...

IF you really cant find it, E-mail me, and i will send you a copy. chris@millerton.co.nz

I expect i'll get atleast 5 emails from people wanting copies of the uninstall prog, like i did last time i put my addy here.. Any one thinking of this, PLEASE atleast try, have a good look round the site first