PDA

View Full Version : MSN Messenger

24-05-2002, 06:16 PM
I had version 3.6, and i tried installing the new 4.6, but it didnt work. How can i get my old one back?
I have looked at the msn messenger download place, and you can only get the new one there.
Where can i download older versions?

24-05-2002, 07:19 PM
Jo,
Not sure when you downloaded and tried the new version of Messenger but this afternoon the site was offline for maintenance. Do you think this might be the problem?

24-05-2002, 07:31 PM
<http://www.accesstechnologyinstitute.com/download.html>

Try the above link for a download of Messenger 3.6.

Uninstall the newer version and install as normal the 3.6.

24-05-2002, 09:42 PM
Gordon,
Hi, read your post with interest, downloaded the software to file. Not yet installed it because this morning I tried to download the 4.6 version for the 3rd time and all I get is problems.
I for the life of me cannot seem to uninstall the 4.6 version, I thought I had until I tried to access the net a while ago and a screen pops up 'Microsoft Word 2000 please wait while Microsoft configures Microsoft Word 2000', after a few seconds another screen pops up and states 'ODBC can't load the resouce\windows\system\', so I press OK and all hell breaks lose, and we go into freeze mode once more. S any help on how to get rid of the 4.6 version files if search/find can't find them.

Merlin-nz :-)

28-05-2002, 05:39 PM
Thanks people! Got it all working.
Is there anywhere that gives you the list of versions, so i can keep getting the next one up, untill it doesn't work, so i can get the latest possible for me??

thanks