PDA

View Full Version : Several Questions

24-05-2002, 05:04 PM
1. Is there a program which will enable me to clean C://Windows folder of both folders and files which aren't needed? Something more effective than Xen.

2. How can I get rid of the user system, so that there is no logging on?

3. When you uninstall WinZip, does it remove all the Zip files stored on your computer?

4. After previously having installed Xen, the C: window appears when windows is started up. How can I stop this from happening?

5. If I already have Adobe Acroread installed on my computer, is there any point in install Adobe Acrobat Reader 5?

24-05-2002, 05:17 PM
1. in DOS, 'deltree nastydir'. (If the directory has spaces in its name, 'quote' it: 'Like This'.

3. No. If you uninstall WinZip, you uninstall the programme. Any zip files you have downloaded, and unpacked (or not) with WinZip are nothing to do with the programme ... they are 'data'. You will have to delete them yourself if you want to.

5. Sooner or later, you will open a PDF file and it will use a feature that the version of Acroread you have does not include. If it is working OK, upgrading is not compulsory.

[I know all sorts of *odd* things ... someone else can do the evens ;-) .]

24-05-2002, 06:51 PM
2.Hey i hate that s*** too!

control panel > network > configeration > On the drop down, select 'windows logon' i assume you have family logon or something..
A word of warning, don't be surprised if your machine forgets all the dial up passwords, email passwords, etc. It might have to be educated again, as USER1's specific details cease to exsist

24-05-2002, 07:05 PM
2. Delete all but one user. Change that users' password to nothing (not even a space).

reboot, when the logon screen appears, don't enter a password, don't press cancel - press OK.

That will be the last time you see the logon screen.

3. Already answered correctly.

4. A previous post about 'windows opens sytem32' a few posts down may answer this for you.

5. Only update if you cannot open a PDF file that you want to.

G p