PDA

View Full Version : chain letter headings

24-05-2002, 02:38 PM
how can I get rid of all the original message headings on chain letters before sending them on.

24-05-2002, 03:03 PM
At the risk of being rude to you, taking your posting as literal, then it's people with a click happy mentality of forwarding on e-mails without thinking what they are doing that helps to spread virus's

Why would you want to forward on stupid chain letters?

24-05-2002, 03:41 PM
Good to see someone making the effort to get rid of the 172 email adresses and related part headers that the recipiant(s) of forwarded email wont want/need to see.

The answer is that you hilite the text/message content that is worth forwarding by clicking the mouse just in front of what you want, moving down to just after it, let go then.
Move the curser to the hi-lit area, right click and select 'copy'.

Open a new message, in the message body right click and select 'paste'

Add adresses, subject etc.
your efforts are appreciated. While the slightly rude Terry Porritt has a point, the greatest problem is the passing on of countless email addresses that leads to viri having new targets, far more viri being passed on by compulsive message forwarding in itself.

Having said that, i hope your Anti virus software + virus definitions are up to date before you pass anything with any attachments on to others via the net

Happy forwarding... i only hope you or any of your friends don't have any of my email addresses!

24-05-2002, 05:38 PM
I find it easier to select all the rubbish I don't want to send on and delete it before I forward the message.

Have a nice weekend everyone!