PDA

View Full Version : Windows Instant Messaging and file transfer

23-05-2002, 06:25 PM
Why can't I send files or photos to my friends when I am using Windows messenger,
I get a message saying that the file cannot be transferred, and to contact my server.
They say there is no reason that I shouldn't be able to send photos etc.

I think I am using the latest messenger and running XP my computer is very new and so am I

23-05-2002, 06:36 PM
The cause of this probelem is windows xp's firewall. Go to the control panel the go to network connections.
Now right-click your internet connection and go to properties. In the properties window click on the advanced tab and then uncheck the box that enables the windows firewall.

Regards
Sam

23-05-2002, 06:44 PM
What kind of internet connection do you have. I know of a lot of people that have trouble sending files with MSN (but they can recieve). These people are using WinXP and have JetStart connections through a network.

JMq

23-05-2002, 06:52 PM
I have the same problem. I thought it was Xtra related but I switched to JetStart on Paradise and still no go. I looked at the above advice but I don't have the firewall turned on. I've tried without using any internet blocking or internet programs running other than Windows Messenger and still no go. I now think it's XP related. My Win2k sends fine but it's obsolete to boot to it now and I'll be removing it shortly. Maybe it's the XP's version of Windows Messenger???