PDA

View Full Version : Virus on Board ?

23-05-2002, 05:26 PM
A couple of days ago I installed Enditall to ease the pain of downloading. In their opening window there is a line PCCIOMON Virus found! I run PC-cillin anti virus and have never been advised that there is a virus on board.Would this virus cause a file in 'My Docs.' in Word to be just a whole lot of squares, squiggles and sundry letters and figures ? Bill.

23-05-2002, 09:11 PM
It is possible. However...

What is the file extenstion of the file you have opened. It could be just word can't understand the file.

23-05-2002, 10:13 PM
pcciomon.exe is Trend PC-Cillin Service Antivirual Software.

For the unreadable doc see this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q323037

23-05-2002, 10:51 PM
Thanks, Nathan.I have no idea!I open Start, Programmes,My Docs.The graphic on the My Docs window depicts a page with a downturned corner, but no blue 'W' (Word). Double clicking on this goes to a Word page - about 4396 (!) of them if you would believe word, full of assorted squares and heiroglyphics!I have no idea where the original doc. is.My knowledge of PC's is very limited,only had it 6 months ! Bill.

23-05-2002, 10:51 PM
Thanks, Nathan.I have no idea!I open Start, Programmes,My Docs.The graphic on the My Docs window depicts a page with a downturned corner, but no blue 'W' (Word). Double clicking on this goes to a Word page - about 4396 (!) of them if you would believe word, full of assorted squares and heiroglyphics!I have no idea where the original doc. is.My knowledge of PC's is very limited,only had it 6 months ! Bill.

24-05-2002, 06:06 PM
Thanks, Richard. Been there today, finding the repair heavy going! I'll get there otherwise I'll delete the file, if I can. Can't help wondering why PC-villin didn't apprehend the virus.Bill