PDA

View Full Version : CD/RW software for Wn Xp

23-05-2002, 12:16 PM
Does anyone know where to obtain suitable software for a Samsung CD-R/RW SW-208F to work with Win XP pro? The software that came the computer and Cd writer only supports Win Me and the CD writer won't work now I have upgrade the operating system.Help required!!

23-05-2002, 12:34 PM
You could try HP's RecordNow, a free download from the HP site (do a search on RecordNow)

Its designed for XP on HP Pavilion PC's but dont see why it wouldnt work generically?

It works fine on my HP machines under XP, I had the same problems as you.

Cheers

TW

23-05-2002, 12:44 PM
David,

Have you tried the Windows XP built-in CD burner software? Apparently that works quite well (although I don't have a burner, so I don't speak from my own experience, but a trusted friend informs me that this is true).

HTH

Mike.

23-05-2002, 12:51 PM
Built in XP software is very basic and buggy. Wont do audio files, just data and then (in my case) wont let you delete temporary files after they have been burnt, until you re-boot. HP solution is easy to use.

TW

23-05-2002, 02:13 PM
I use RecordNow on my non HP PC and an HP 9100 CDRW and it is great. I don't think that it works on non - HP CDRW's, as I couldn't get it to set up on a friend's Acer CDRW.

Worth a shot for you though, here's the RecordNow Link:

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/information_storage/support_doc/lpg40380.html

Alternatively - use Kazaa to search for and download Nero Burning ROM or similar.

J.

24-05-2002, 09:19 PM
nero burning rom is the best it is a bit expensive but it is awesome and works fine on windows xp.