PDA

View Full Version : 16 colour only

23-05-2002, 12:13 PM
I had to reformat my hard drive due to a virus. I've had to resort back to win95.
However no matter what I do I cannot change it to true colour or even 256 colour. I believe it is due to display or monitor adaptoers but I don't know where to obtain these. can you help me as I'm getting extremely frustrated.
I can forward in more detail what I have done if you need it.
Joy

23-05-2002, 06:39 PM
It is something to do with your graphics card or possibly the monitor type. Right click on an open space on the desktop and choose Properties, then Settings, then Change Display type. Make sure the adapter type corrosponds to your graphics card and that the monitor type is Super VGA 800x600 or better.

23-05-2002, 10:29 PM
Hi Joy,

Its funny you should have this problem now. I racked my brains trying to fix my old one that I've been playing with. Last night it clicked.

Go: Right click My computer/ Devive manager/ monitor/ click on whatever monitor it says/ properties/ driver tab/ update driver, and choose the right driver for your monitor. Problem solved.

Cheers.

25-05-2002, 02:22 AM
Try going to My Computer, right click and choose Properties. Go to device manager and delete the display adapter. If Refresh doesn't detect it correctly, go to Start|Setings|Control Panel|Add new hardware and install it from there. Make sure you have the latest drivers available.

28-05-2002, 11:42 AM
thanks for your response. I have done that and still no luck it keeps telling me that the display adapter isn't installed correctly. I follow instructions in hardware detect and re boot and still have the same problem. Freustrating me no end.