PDA

View Full Version : Re; Paradise lost...

23-05-2002, 09:50 AM
Not only Paradise and Ihug but also Xtra and Slingshot!
Whenever the connected-but-(IE/OE says) not connected thing happens, I disconnect and can try with Slingshot, but the same thing happens there!
The only way then is to reboot, only then is all well again.
So I wonder if there two glitch's somewhere (well actually 4 glitch's as both Bazza and Jester's post's on this topic are blank now for me!!)but as for the other 2, I wonder if there is a memory of the first bad connection in the comp, because I can disconnect and connect numerous times and still get the same lack of response, but if I reboot I'm 'in' straight away.
And I wonder if the initial problem could be anything to do with ZA or UPnP as I have these progs and have put them onto two other comps that previously didn't have this problem, but now after these progs are on, do have!?
Anyone else have any experiences, theory's or fixes, for or against?

The 3 comps I mentioned here are XP's with IE6 and Norton AV

23-05-2002, 09:58 AM
check this out:

http://idg.net.nz/webhome.nsf/UNID/8B05CDB13F27A7DBCC256BC1001FA095!opendocument

The Sharkmeister

25-05-2002, 11:24 AM
Actualy what I was trying to say was, that I wasn't too sure if Paradise was at fault here (even though they do say that they're experiencing problems at our expence)as we probably all have the roughly same software installed...

after I'm unable to get on once, I can't get on with anyone! until I reboot.