PDA

View Full Version : Multiple postings

22-05-2002, 06:59 PM
The problem with multiple postings is that only one or two posts fills the screen when you scroll down, and it pushes the just as genuine help-seekers off the screen.
Surely, PressF1 can do something about the time-lag when you click on 'Post Message'...

22-05-2002, 07:17 PM
'pushes the just as genuine help-seekers off the screen' ?????? ever heard of scroll down the page ??

even i'm multi posting. its the site causeing the multi posts. when the browser dosn't get a return 'signsl' it auto resends it thinking it didn't go through. also notice how a lot of posts produse blank or 404 error.

hopefully all this shall be fixed in the upgrade. c'mon robo crack thy whip :)

22-05-2002, 08:44 PM
It does push things off the bottom of the normal view, Tweak'e, they have a point.

Yes, I know, haven't heard but soon. Then we can really have some fun and change the world.

robo.

22-05-2002, 08:50 PM
yep it is annoying i agree Lynda - but i like Tweak'e believe it is partly the f1 system doing it - i have never multi posted before until couple of nights ago, and what happened was i was on the laptop and it like started to post and then stopped so i tried to refresh the page and so on and it resulted in 3 responses, but on looking none showed for about 10 mins. when usually if i refresh they show immediately pretty much.
And i am also finding that some pages are blank which has always been so for me but in the past day or so some are coming up 'this page is unavailable' which i previously hadn't encountered here - so like i said the site is having probs i think - so bring on the upgrade/new F1!!!!

22-05-2002, 08:52 PM
I note that sometimes it does take a while for the posting to go through. The less patient or newbies might be tempted to get a little click happy when they think nothing has happend. Maybe Rob the instructions can be a little more up front and in your face that when posting, patience be shown, and when going back to the F1 home page don't forget to refresh in case they think that the posting has gone through.

Hopefully it'll appease guys like RC from using this as an 'abuse' forum.

22-05-2002, 09:50 PM
I personally always find that if I have clicked the post button the post goes through. I don't bother waiting for the pages to load again.

Just open a new window to make the post in, as soon as you click the post button, wait for the page to start loading. Then I just close that window.

JM

22-05-2002, 10:42 PM
Re: my post above a good example is at the moment i have 10 posts in a row coming up with the
'This page is unavailable' - from 'Win XP Processes' through to '24 hr scan disc' and yes Tweak'e your latest one which you have tried twice is among the no shows! and so is Robo's 'Did you miss me' - oh well what can ya do? I know that i can do the date way so i guess it will have to do!