PDA

View Full Version : Did you miss me?

22-05-2002, 09:16 AM
Hi guys, been away for a few days (probably didn't notice, but don't tell me I might cry).

I see some interesting things going on. Gee, go away a few days and people try to hack the person that does subscriptions. Could they hack my bank manager perhaps?

Anyway, will try to catch up over next day or three. Five days without internet, PC, or anything. Forgotten how to type.

robo.

22-05-2002, 09:26 AM
Welcome back Robo, there sure has been some stuff happening lately.

JM

22-05-2002, 09:27 AM
I missed you Robo! Don't you EVER leave us alone again... look at the state of the place! Look at the language around here now! Its just turned into a dump with you away...

:)

Make you feel wanted?

Anyway, mushy stuff aside, I got an email from you today saying:

'I am out of the office until Wednesday the 22nd May. If it is urgent you may want to contact Peter Smith on xxx xxxx. Otherwise I will contact you on my return.'

The email I sent was days ago, why do I get the automatic reply AFTER you got back? :)

Mike.

22-05-2002, 10:03 AM
The subscriptions lady is recovering from the unpleasant experience of being hacked by that uber-haxor Cyph0r. She found it most upsetting and needed a cup of tea and a lie down. You'll be pleased to know we have introduced new security measures to ensure it will not happen again. We've introduced a subscriptions firewall. This is not software, but a physical firewall (NZ Standards Approved) that we've placed between the subs staff and their keyboards to stop a repeat of this unpleasant incident. We can be sure now that they are completely hack-proof although we are yet to resolve the issue of just how they will be able to process subscriptions under the new set up.

-- Rob's Little Helper

22-05-2002, 10:08 AM
Miss who? Who's Robo?

Where have you been, you lazy layabout, the bed has been so cold with you gone!

Have you been sick, or have you been lounging around on a nice warm sunny beach somewhere far north?

Actually, I don't want to know if it's the latter as we've still got five months of frigid temperatures to get through and I haven't booked myself a nice warm sunny place far north to go to this year - yet.

Welcome back Robo!! :-)

22-05-2002, 10:45 AM
Bed? Susan! People will talk.

Visited Sydney and Melbourne to use up airpoints about to expire and spend some time with my 18mth old nephew.

Weather there was only mildly better than lightening storm in Auckland at the mo. Flew into Sydney around a spectacular lightening show.

Was not allowed to go near a PC. Was very scary. Don't want to do that again. About every second person on the plane had a notebook. F1 withdrawal had me helping a complete stranger on one plane with their camera (I got it going) and I resisted correcting some guys talking about Pocket PCs.

Shopping expensive but awesome. Public transport wonderful, my sister's driving horrific.

Will catch up properly later....

robo.

22-05-2002, 05:47 PM
SAD SAD PEOPLE

22-05-2002, 06:33 PM
And you are...?

22-05-2002, 08:03 PM
Welcome back Robo - hope you had a choice trip, but see what happens when you go away the place falls to bits without ya!!! lol ! and you miss the excitement or should i say entertainment! Good to have you back!!