PDA

View Full Version : Restore after Format?

21-05-2002, 07:48 PM
Hi, i'm just wondering, i got a 'System Recovery' CD with my computer when i brought it, it says that it will restore the computer to the state when i first brought it.
I'm wondering, if i FORMAT the computer, will i need to install all the drivers again? eg. modem, graphics card, or will the CD do it all?
thanx
TonY

21-05-2002, 09:00 PM
The recovery CD's provided by manufacturers are a image of the system. The image will likely be locked to your BIOS so it can not be installed on another system.

The image will contain the drivers for modem, graphics card, CD. However if you have updated these since buying your system you will need to reinstall the updates.

21-05-2002, 09:12 PM
use the restore cd and it will reload all your original drivers and totally clean your system. if you format your hardrive with fdisk you will have to manualy reload most drivers which can be a hassel if you dont have them on cd. insert the restore cd reboot your pc and follow the instructions good luck

21-05-2002, 09:14 PM
Hi, so are u saying if i format my comp, and insert the CD, all will be back to the state when i first got my computer?
so my modem, graphics card, etc, will all work?
thanx.....tony

21-05-2002, 09:19 PM
Rite.....thanx to all those who helped me, very appreciated, i'll just format my comp and insert the CD when i get the time.
thanx again
ToNy