PDA

View Full Version : Excel

21-05-2002, 05:01 PM
My Excel worksheets somehow now show each cell as a separate page (in page break preview)so that there are thousands of pages per sheet. When trying Page Setup, I get the message 'margins will not fit on page' Please explain how I can get back to normal.
Regards.

21-05-2002, 05:25 PM
Margins etc relate to the printer so have you changed something to do with the printer lately? What is the default printer?

22-05-2002, 03:20 PM
I sometimes used to get a similar (but not the same) problem when using Excel 5. I suspect it was caused by inadvertantly pressing a wrong key combination, but I could never figure out what it was or how to reverse it - it was quite frustrating. I eventually found that I could recover from this by choosing something like 'Fit to one Page' from I think it was the File, Page Setup option. If you are working with a 1-page spreadsheet this may work for you.

22-05-2002, 04:13 PM
I sometimes struck a similar (but not the same) problem with Excel 5. I suspect that it was caused by inadvertantly using a wrong key combinaton but I could never figure out what it was or how to reverse it - quite frustrating. I eventually found I could recover by selecting something like 'Fit to one page' from I think it was File, Page Setup. If you are using 1-page spreadsheets this may work for you. Otherwise I think you could also specify the number of pages to fit it to.