PDA

View Full Version : setting up new mouse

21-05-2002, 04:36 PM
recently i bought a standard pc company scroll mouse. the slot where my current mouse plugs into isnt suitable for my new mouse, there is however another slot which my new mouse fits into. how can i configuer my computer to use that slot for my new mouse? (im running windows 95, new mouse doesnt have any software)

21-05-2002, 04:56 PM
What shape is the plug, and how many pins are there?

This information will dictate the answer you get as each interface is different.

The options probably are:

Serial - trapeziodal in shape with 9 pins.

PS/2 - Round in shpe with a rectangular plack pin and several round ones around it.

USB - a thin rectangular plug with lots of tiny pins.

Let me know so I can help you.

G P

21-05-2002, 05:33 PM
I'm assuming that you are still using the old mouse. Before you do a restart remove the present mouse from device manager( Right click on my computer and choose properties and it is on the second page) and when the computer restarts it should detect the new mouse.

22-05-2002, 04:50 PM
the new mouses plug is green and circular in shape. it has 6 little silver pins which surround a black pin. the mouse has 2 buttons and 1 scroll wheel.

my current mouse (old one) has 2 buttons and a large rectangle screw in plug.

could you please give me detailed step by step instructions of what to do, and should there be any problems, how to reinstall my old mouse.

many thanks.