PDA

View Full Version : Games compatibility in Windows XP

20-05-2002, 02:50 PM
Can anyone help me to play these games Microsoft says they are compatible.
Railroad Tycoon II = Sorry not supported on Windows NT.
Road Rash = Insufficient memory to run.
NFS2SE = Needs 180793k more to install.
Driver = Game.exe has a problem and needs to close.
Hoyle Poker = CD integer/by 0 won`t install.
AthlonXP1800 80GB HD 1024MB DDR Ram.Thanks Hilton.

20-05-2002, 05:56 PM
Hiya,

The mere fact that you have 1024M DDR wipes out most of those errors.

'Sorry not supported on WinNT' is possibly correct, double check with a M$ techie.

The rest of those errors are complete horse, I'd be inclined to think your computer has a major flaw, possibly in hardware... Check how hot your CPU and system temps are, anything over 55 for the CPU, or 30 for the system is alarming.

Also, do other things crash often? The obviously incorrect and somewhat random nature of those errors would point to something in the system that is repetitively and consistently failing, such as the CPU overheating, or Windows in need of a re-install.

Check your system over thouroughly to see that it is soundly constructed (you didn't get it from the PC company did you?), and make sure windows is happy, check for viruses, check the amount of unused physical memory (you should have at least 600mb)...

Good luck,

Erin

21-05-2002, 07:08 PM
Erin
Thanks for your prompt reply.No I didn`t get it from the PC company. I had my guru mate build it to my specs. It is not hot I have an extra fan installed. It does not crash often and there are no viruses.I have 792.02 MB of unused physical memory. I don`t feel like reinstalling Windows just to play some games as much as I enjoyed them. There must be another way.
Cheers Hilton

22-05-2002, 03:46 PM
Hi Hilton,I also have an Athlon XP1800 and I had a similar problem to yours when trying to install Hoyles classic card games. i.e. integer = 0
I managed to install it by declining a systems check and installing anyway when it told me the system failed. Don't know about your other games but its worth trying.
Freda

22-05-2002, 03:52 PM
Hi Hilton,I also have an Athlon XP1800 and I had a similar problem to yours when trying to install Hoyles classic card games. i.e. integer = 0
I managed to install it by declining a systems check and installing anyway when it told me the system failed. Don't know about your other games but its worth trying.
Freda

22-05-2002, 03:57 PM
Freda