PDA

View Full Version : Games compatibility in XP

20-05-2002, 02:26 PM
Microsoft says Railroad Tycoon II is compatible but I have tried it with every variation of the program compatibility wizard.I get an incorrect version of windows box that says 'Sorry not supported on Windows NT'. Any help would be appreciated.Other games are NFS2SE = Needs 180793 more to install.
Road Rash = insufficient memory to run.
Hoyle Poker = CD integer /0 won`t install.
Hoyle Classic Games = Setup caused a general protection fault in module_setup.exe at 0001.9ees.close.
Driver = Game.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
I have an Athlon XP1800 with an 80GB HD and 1024MB DDR Ram.
Thanks Hilton.

21-05-2002, 02:57 PM
Try going to the websites of each of these games to see if the is a patch available to allow it to run on either NT4 or higher or XP, if that is unsuccessful, try doing a general web search for patches for the games, there should be something you can do. BTW it has nothing to do with the config of your computer, it is just windows.

Also, try updating the drivers for your video and sound to the latest available for XP.

Another thing, about half my software and hardware came up with issues from the compatablilty wizard, and yet, when I actually installed XP, everything went fine, so i wouldn't be too worried about the result for RT II.

21-05-2002, 03:13 PM
Try going to the websites of each of these games to see if the is a patch available to allow it to run on either NT4 or higher or XP, if that is unsuccessful, try doing a general web search for patches for the games, there should be something you can do. BTW it has nothing to do with the config of your computer, it is just windows.

Also, try updating the drivers for your video and sound to the latest available for XP.

Another thing, about half my software and hardware came up with issues from the compatablilty wizard, and yet, when I actually installed XP, everything went fine, so i wouldn't be too worried about the result for RT II.

22-05-2002, 08:18 PM
Hi Hilton, I also have an Athlon 1800running Win XP and your problem with Hoyle sounds very similar to mine when I tried to install the classic card cd.I managed to install it by dispensing with the system check and selecting install anyway when it gave me a choice. Worked on the board games cd too. Might be worth a try.
Freda

23-05-2002, 07:15 PM
Hi Freda
Thanks for your help, that tip worked on Hoyle Poker and Classic Games. You mentioned installing Hoyle Classic Card Games is that the one with the 12 card games? Would you email me at hilton-m@ihug.co.nz
Cheers Hilton.